Love Where You Work
As one of Florida’s prominent full-service real estate development companies, Penn-Florida is home to some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Our fully integrated structure creates professional opportunities across all lines of business including development, construction, architecture and design, leasing and brokerage, accounting, financial services, marketing and property management.
Since its inception, Penn-Florida Companies has retained a true family atmosphere. At Penn-Florida, you will find a diverse family of professionals who are proud to participate in the growth of the company and the communities we serve.
Penn-Florida is always looking for qualified, highly motivated individuals who want to contribute to a progressive organization while gaining experience that will further their professional objectives.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
Penn Florida Companies, a Boca Raton based owner, developer and manager of commercial and residential real estate, is currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager with real estate property management knowledge and experience.
This is an opportunity to join a leader in the real estate industry in a challenging position.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The Assistant Property Manager assists with all aspects of the management of the South Florida portfolio including but not limited to:
- Coordinating all Annual Operating Budget preparations
- Tenant Services
- Tenant Relations
- Manage correspondence with tenants and vendors regarding operations and maintenance issues
- Overseeing construction/project management on all Capital and Tenant Improvement Projects
- Place service calls to various vendors as needed. (AC, Pest Control, Cleaning, Telephone Lines, etc...)
- Vendor management to ensure they are honoring terms of Service Contracts
- Renegotiating vendor agreements annually and coordinating new Service Contracts
- Coordinate meetings / activities with on-site staff, i.e. Operations Supervisors, Maintenance Techs and Day Porter(s)
- Weekly property inspections to ensure property is maintained to the highest standards
- Lease administration i.e. Monthly Rent Roll reviews, changes, etc...
- Receivables: Follow procedures for collections, send late letters, default letters, make collections calls to tenants, etc...
- Assist with year end CAM Reconciliation review and billing
- Pull tenant statements and reports from MRI for review
- Meet Weekly with the Operations Supervisors to conduct a physical review of each property along with a checklist of action items for completion by the on-site staff within certain time parameters
- Work closely with the leasing team to coordinate any tenant move-ins and move outs and work with Financial Control to ensure all rent rolls are updated correctly upon such movement of tenants
- Handle all tenant move outs and inspect premises upon move-out with Operations Supervisor and complete all required inspection forms to ensure premises is left in good condition
- Monthly review of all monthly investor reports for accuracy prior to submittal for approval by Director of Asset Management
- All other management and administrative functions
Tenant Move-In Coordination:
- Prepare and distribute tenant lease commencement memos
- Distribute tenant welcome letters along with building manual/emergency evacuation /hurricane preparedness booklets. Update manuals as necessary
- Coordinate Reserved Parking space issuance and allocation
- Order suite/lobby directory signage
- Maintain tenant vehicle registration and insurance log for properties
- Maintain and update tenant emergency contact information list for properties
- Assist the Property Manager in the tenant move-out and move-in process. (i.e., move out procedures, scheduling final walk through of suite, providing proper information to financial control for final lease administration)
- Monitor and maintain the administration of all tenant insurance requirements and certificates
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- College Degree Required - Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required
- Relevant years of work experience in Property Management may substitute for the degree requirement
- 3-6 years’ experience in residential or commercial property management or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook with highly preferred knowledge of MRI system, but not required
- Duties require good independent judgment and initiative
- Team player, with ability to collaborate with other departments within the organization
- Ability to deal effectively with co-workers, department supervisors and managers, insurance brokers, insurance company representatives, and other consultants and/or vendors
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills