Love Where You Work
As one of Florida’s prominent full-service real estate development companies, Penn-Florida is home to some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Our fully integrated structure creates professional opportunities across all lines of business including development, construction, architecture and design, leasing and brokerage, accounting, financial services, marketing and property management.
Since its inception, Penn-Florida Companies has retained a true family atmosphere. At Penn-Florida, you will find a diverse family of professionals who are proud to participate in the growth of the company and the communities we serve.
Penn-Florida is always looking for qualified, highly motivated individuals who want to contribute to a progressive organization while gaining experience that will further their professional objectives.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Founded in 1987, Penn-Florida Companies is a full-service owner, developer, investor and operator. The Company’s extensive expertise includes development, design, construction, brokerage, property management and investment services. Penn-Florida Companies’ portfolio includes prominent hospitality, residential and mixed-use development projects and millions of square feet of existing assets which the company owns and operates.
We have an immediate opening for a Chief Financial Officer, working from the Boca Raton corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leading all financial planning, financial reporting and accounting practices of the company. The CFO will ensure administrative efficiency in all systems, processes and procedures throughout the company that relate to job cost accounting and financial reporting. Reporting to the CEO, this position is a key member of the executive team and participates in the development of strategic goals, objectives and business plans of the organization.
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, tax planning and compliance, corporate accounting, project accounting and cash flow planning.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Administers and oversees all aspects of our risk management insurance with the ability to meet corporate legal-financial requirements. (Such as General Liability, Property & Casualty, Construction and Workers Compensation).
- Directs processes, procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper accounting records and to afford accounting control and services.
- Manages all assets of the company and is responsible for cash flow management (oversight of credit and collection functions).
- Administers and oversees the company’s retirement plans, to include investments and contributions.
- Present timely and valid interpretation of operating results.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, investors and joint venture partners.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Recommends to management major economic objectives and policies for the company.
- Develops management reports that synthesize data into meaningful actionable steps.
- Positively interfaces with external customers of the company as needed.
- Oversee the financial reporting for the family office and implement best practices.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes:
- Hands-on experience running the accounting department of a construction and/or development company.
- Direct participation in business process improvement and streamlining accounting processes.
- Leadership of strategic financial initiatives improving performance.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to build effective teams and grow and develop supervisory personnel.
- Effective internal consulting skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing strategies that improve top or bottom- line performance.
- Customer relationship skills and abilities to manage internal and external customer satisfaction.
- 15 + years progressively responsible financial/accounting experience including at least 5 years the real estate industry
- Direct oversight of all Accounting practices
- Supervisory experience with accounting department personnel or public accounting firm and experience managing audits required
- Experience with risk management and insurance negotiations and renewal analysis
- Direct experience growing and supervising corporate accounting departments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership capability executing, as appropriate, in the areas of analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus good organizational skills
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and resource management
- Demonstrate leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to improve operational efficiency; service delivery and information management across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain the economics of operations in business terms while establishing rapport with internal teams and external customers
- BS in Accounting and Finance Required (Master’s Degree a plus)
- Certified Public Accountant Required
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft products