Love Where You Work
As one of Florida’s prominent full-service real estate development companies, Penn-Florida is home to some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Our fully integrated structure creates professional opportunities across all lines of business including development, construction, architecture and design, leasing and brokerage, accounting, financial services, marketing and property management.
Since its inception, Penn-Florida Companies has retained a true family atmosphere. At Penn-Florida, you will find a diverse family of professionals who are proud to participate in the growth of the company and the communities we serve.
Penn-Florida is always looking for qualified, highly motivated individuals who want to contribute to a progressive organization while gaining experience that will further their professional objectives.
Founded in 1987, Penn-Florida Companies is an owner and full-service developer of luxury, high-profile real estate. With its headquarters located in Boca Raton, Penn-Florida specializes in creating ultra-luxury, one-of-a-kind residential, commercial and hospitality projects throughout the state.
We are looking for an experienced Project/Cost Controller who is a key member of the project team and works closely with the project managers, management and owner to help define the project’s goals and objectives. This position creates and maintains a project budget and schedule, analyzes progress reported against work schedules, and recommends actions to improve progress in order to ensure accurate documentation and reporting on a consistent basis.
This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. Penn-Florida is pleased to offer comprehensive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Prepare and manage construction draws and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Entering contracts, change orders and progress billing in the Job Cost module of MRI accounting system
- Review invoices, approve payments and track against budgets for consultants and contractors
- Investigate, reconcile and balance all project costs
- Preparation of all monthly financial reports
- Manage project cash flows
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure financial performance and necessary budget updates
- Analyze budget variances
- Assist with other accounting projects as directed by the Chief Financial Officer
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction cost accounting
- Proficiency with job costing system (MRI preferred), Excel and Outlook
- Must be knowledgeable of GAAP, related to real estate accounting and consolidations
- Must be able to work “hands-on” in a fast-paced, dynamic team oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to collaborate with stake holders across the organization