Love Where You Work
As one of Florida’s prominent full-service real estate development companies, Penn-Florida is home to some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Our fully integrated structure creates professional opportunities across all lines of business including development, construction, architecture and design, leasing and brokerage, accounting, financial services, marketing and property management.
Since its inception, Penn-Florida Companies has retained a true family atmosphere. At Penn-Florida, you will find a diverse family of professionals who are proud to participate in the growth of the company and the communities we serve.
Penn-Florida is always looking for qualified, highly motivated individuals who want to contribute to a progressive organization while gaining experience that will further their professional objectives.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our growing Development team. This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits options. This fast-paced, collaborative position is responsible for both pre-construction and construction duties. The position reports to the SVP of Construction and requires exceptional attention to detail and follow through. The ideal candidate will have experience with high-rise construction.
- Work with the general contractor to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs, bonds, insurance, contingencies, allowances, etc.
- Support general contractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
- Support Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client’s Project Manager and legal counsel, including establishment of all GC “business terms” including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
- Coordinate Design Team activities supporting Client Project Manager
- Interface between GC, Consultants and Design Team to ensure cooperation and timely deliverables
- Use all resources to ensure that the Design Documents are complete prior to submitting to City and/or other Authority approval process, permitting, etc.
- Coordinate Constructibility review of the project documents; provide / gather cost estimates working with vendors for scope gaps/changes; coordinate value engineering
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all municipality City Officials
- Manage General Contractor and other directly contracted job site vendors
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, and recommendations, delay analysis
- Coordinate value engineering; budget management and tracking; schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis
- Document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.).
- Use reasonable endeavors to ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
- Tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Coordination and management of the Design Team and all Owner-direct vendors, and consultants
- Conducting construction coordination meetings with the team members
- Review of construction proposals and related pricing/scope
- Review of progress billings and assessing accuracy of work completed
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent; minimum ten (10) years related experience or training in construction, planning, business and real estate finance; or a greater combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree in planning, business or a field related to construction is highly desirable
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Excellent technical skills
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.