Love Where You Work
As one of Florida’s prominent full-service real estate development companies, Penn-Florida is home to some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Our fully integrated structure creates professional opportunities across all lines of business including development, construction, architecture and design, leasing and brokerage, accounting, financial services, marketing and property management.
Since its inception, Penn-Florida Companies has retained a true family atmosphere. At Penn-Florida, you will find a diverse family of professionals who are proud to participate in the growth of the company and the communities we serve.
Penn-Florida is always looking for qualified, highly motivated individuals who want to contribute to a progressive organization while gaining experience that will further their professional objectives.
CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Penn Florida Companies, a Boca Raton based owner, developer and manager of commercial and residential real estate, is currently seeking an experienced Construction & Development Executive to lead and manage specific construction and development activities for the organization. The Company has more than 3 million square feet of future development in its commercial property pipeline.
This is an opportunity to join a leader in the real estate industry in a challenging position that will interact directly with ownership.
This individual should be highly detailed, well-organized and able to identify strategic construction and development issues. We are seeking a candidate with a broad background in a variety of commercial and residential development products. At minimum, this candidate will have a demonstrated track-record of success in recent high rise and/or mid-rise residential development. Other desired skills/experience should include:
- Report directly to Ownership
- Lead the coordination of zoning matters with appropriate consultants, legal and governmental bodies
- Manage design consultants through design development to insure constructability and economic feasibility
- Oversee selection of the general contractor, managing pricing and cost throughout the project
- Monitor shell and improvement construction, as well as coordinate the tenant experience with leasing and marketing teams as required
- Review and manage the budgets for cost control and the internal and external financial reporting process
- Maintain an active knowledge of the market including trends, market rates, and competitive projects
- Evaluate feasibility of new and potential projects along with the acquisition and planning teams
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 15 years of direct construction and/or development experience
- Minimum of 10 years of management responsibility within a construction and/or development company
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills as well as good written communication
- Possess a record of success and demonstrated ability to manage costs, schedules, and projects
- Ability to create/oversee budgets, pro-formas, and economic analysis
- Advanced skill in reading and reviewing architectural plans and strong knowledge of the construction process
- Capable of forming strong networking relationships and working relationships with the local real estate community and elected/non-elected government officials
- Property management experience or property management oversight experience is a plus
- Ability to work out of the company’s Boca Raton office