Love Where You Work
As one of Florida’s prominent full-service real estate development companies, Penn-Florida is home to some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Our fully integrated structure creates professional opportunities across all lines of business including development, construction, architecture and design, leasing and brokerage, accounting, financial services, marketing and property management.
Since its inception, Penn-Florida Companies has retained a true family atmosphere. At Penn-Florida, you will find a diverse family of professionals who are proud to participate in the growth of the company and the communities we serve.
Penn-Florida is always looking for qualified, highly motivated individuals who want to contribute to a progressive organization while gaining experience that will further their professional objectives.
SENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT
We are looking for an experienced Senior Property Accountant who is responsible for performing general accounting functions for properties that are part of the growing Penn-Florida portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience in real estate/property management and be savvy with MRI software. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Corporate Controller. Penn-Florida is pleased to offer comprehensive benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Provide monthly and quarterly financial statements, balance sheet analysis, journal entries and general ledger closing.
- Responsible for cash projections, CAM reconciliations, tax package preparation for outside CPAs
- Reconcile and calculate statements as well as support any property processes.
- Involved in budget and planning analysis.
- Create efficiency by improving processes, policies, procedures and systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a property accountant in real estate and property management sector.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with property accounting/analysis, operations and reporting utilizing MRI system.
- Hands-on experience maintaining multiple properties at a time, on an accrual and cash basis up through the financial statement and balance sheet.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency with MRI, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work “hands-on” in a fast-paced, dynamic team oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to collaborate with others across the organization